Remote administration

Holdsworth, Matthew Matthew.Holdsworth at cwcom.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 15:04:53 UTC 2005

Can anyone help with this dilemma?
I want to set up a server to be used as a remote admin tool for all our
other dns servers running BIND9.2.
I'm able to set up rndc so it works on the individual servers and I know
it's possible to access each server from another one, however, this
particular server is not going to be used for DNS as such and I do not want
to start installing the whole BIND product and set it up as a fully working
DNS server. All I wish to do is use the rndc tool, nothing else.

If anyone understands my query and has an answer, please get back to me.

Regards

Matt

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited