Starting BIND on Redhat 9.0

Pavel Urban urbanp at mlp.cz
Sun Apr 24 08:27:21 UTC 2005

Dani Al-Hasan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a problem with BIND 9.3.1 on Redhat 9.0...
> The problem is: If I reboot the machine and try to resolve names after the
> reboot, it gives me that no servers can be reached. I have to go to the
> script (named) and from there stop then start to make it work properly...
>
> Is it a bug on Linux or I missed something???
>
> Best Regards,
> Dani Al-Hasan

There is no official RPM package of bind 9.3.1 for Redhat 9.0. If you
have compiled it by hand, it may be incompatible with your startup
script (from the original bind? in /etc/init.d?). BTW are you sure you
are actually running new version? What are your logs saying? And why are
you running distribution that is no longer supported?

Pavel Urban (pavel.urban at imaginet.cz)
IOL system disaster
Internet OnLine, owned by Cesky Telecom, a.s. (www.ct.cz)