qmail issue + subdomain delegation

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Apr 26 22:25:21 UTC 2005

> Just one more question. We delegated the gsb.ceu.hu
> subdomain to
> bhole.gsb.ceu.hu.
>
> The ceu.hu forward zone seems like:
>
> gsb	IN	NS	bhole.gsb.ce.hu.
> gsb	IN	NS	vega.ceu.hu.

> Like the windows does. Is it right or should I replace the another
> solution:
>
> $ORIGIN gsb.ceu.hu.
> @             IN      NS     bhole.gsb.ceu.hu.
>                IN      NS     vega.gsb.ceu.hu.
> vega          IN      A      193.6.218.1 ; 'glue' record

	You need to get the NS records there and any glue.  The glue
	in this case is bhole.gsb.ceu.hu not vega.ceu.hu.  vega.ceu.hu
	is part of the ceu.hu zone.  bhole.gsb.ceu.hu really belongs
	to the gsb.ce.hu but a copy in needed in the zone.

	It doesn't matter which way you do it, using the exist ORIGIN,
	defining a new ORIGIN or use absolute names.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org