BIND configuration question

Ronald I. Nutter ronald_nutter at georgetowncollege.edu
Wed Apr 27 12:15:59 UTC 2005

I have posted a couple of messages over the last few days.  Guess I am
not asking the question the right way.  I am trying to restrict our
external DNS server running BIND to only allow lookups to domains we are
handling when those requests come from outside our network.  I want our
internal users (which will be coming from one of 5 class C ip ranges we
are assigned) to be able to to recursive lookups, etc without any
problems.  I tried using the Secure Bind Template I found but the
problem I ran into was that the server quits responding to any DNS
requests when that is used.  Another message I talked about referenced
Split DNS but I don't think that is the right term to use for what I am
trying to do.

Suggestions ?

Ron

Ron Nutter                          ron_nutter at georgetowncollege.edu=20
Network Infrastructure & Security Manager
Information Technology Services                        (502)863-7002
Georgetown College                                    =20
Georgetown, KY                                            40324-1696