root server query question

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Apr 29 17:47:03 UTC 2005

At 5:24 PM +0200 2005-04-29, Mark de Vries wrote:

>  When writing a script to solve the same problem once I just got a list of
>  root servers from the default ones (resolv.conf) and then just do the
>  iterative process (from root down) 'manually' in the script.

	This is basically what all DNS debugging tools like "dnswalk" and
"doc" will do for you.  If you need this kind of code, you could look
there.  But you should first look at these kinds of DNS debugging
tools to see if they will already do everything else you need so that
you don't have to write any code at all.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755