problem with bind9, view and nsupdate

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 12:17:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:42:37 +0200, Michael Dosser <mic at strg.at> wrote:

> view "internal" {
>          match-clients { "internal"; };
>          recursion yes;
>          include "named.local";
>          include "named.internal";
>          include "named.master";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.primary.conf";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.secondary.conf";
> };
>
> view "customers" {
>          match-clients { "customers"; };
>          recursion yes;
>          include "named.local";
>          include "named.internal";
>          include "named.master";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.primary.conf";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.secondary.conf";
> };
>
> view "external" {
>          match-clients { "any"; };
>          recursion no;
>          include "named.local";
>          include "named.internal";
>          include "named.master";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.primary.conf";
>          include "/path/to/nsupdate/managed/named.secondary.conf";
> };

It looks from that like the only difference between your views
is "recursion yes" or "recursion no" -- is that correct?

If so you would appear to be better off having

  allow-recursion { "internal", "customers" };

or whatever as appropriate in the global options and not using
views ...

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for