Seeking some advice in configuring Bind9

Terry Tse terry at baycitymicro.com
Wed Aug 3 19:19:23 UTC 2005

I'm currently using views to run a single copy of BIND9 to serve both
internal and external clients. There are a number of internal servers
that use private IP addresses that the internal view properly supplies to
the internal clients. For external clients, they're forwarded via
iptables prerouting to the right host behind the firewall. This has been
working satisfactory for a while.

Recently, I've a host that resides outside or internal network. It's on a
PPPoE provisoned line whose IP address changes every now and again. To
bring it into our domain, I've successfully used nsupdate to send secured
dynamic update to the external view of the zone. However, internal
clients can't see this address.

Is there a way that this update be also sent to the internal zone
database?  Or is there a better way to achieve what I want to do? Any
advice will be welcomed.