slave zones not updating

Phil Mansfield pmansfield at ist.psu.edu
Wed Aug 10 17:19:49 UTC 2005

I am running Bind9 on RHEL AS4.0 with 1 master and 1 slave.  The slave
server does not update any of it's zone information.  The master server
is configured to notify the slave, and the slave does have an NS record.
Problem exists whether iptables is off or not.  On the slave, tail -f of
dns.log shows that it is receiving notifies.  During testing, I deleted
all zone files on the slave and started bind.  All of the zone files
were transferred successfully to the slave.  I am completed stumped on
this one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Philip Mansfield