Instalaltion on windows XP

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:13:25 UTC 2005

Well if I remember correctly, I was able to install 9.3.1 on my home
XP box just fine. Actually, I think we were doing this at work, too,
and didn't see anything similar. So yes, I would say it's possible,
even though I'm not one of the programmers Brad is talking about.

You're saying the "ISC BIND" entry is not showing up in the services
list (shown by running "services.msc") after a while? It sounds really
weird. Or does it not show up as started after a while? That could be
caused by you not suppying a valid configuration, check the event
viewer log if that's the case.