logging queries from an ip

KD5ZMG my00sc00by at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 15:37:02 UTC 2005

I am logging the queries now.  Is there a way to log the replies as well.  All I see are queries, but but I do not see reponses.  Is this possible in the BIND logs?
Brad Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:At 7:14 AM -0700 2005-08-11, KD5ZMG wrote:

> Can I log queries from a aspecific address, or do I need to filter after
> the logging process?

I'm not aware of any BIND-specific way to log only queries from a
specific address. I believe that you are likely to need to filter
the queries after-the fact, and periodically roll over the log file
so that you can delete the old unfiltered log and recover that space.

--
Brad Knowles,

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

SAGE member since 1995. See for more info.

Mark "Hamzter" C
kd5zmg