bind configuration

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 19:25:12 UTC 2005

On Thursday 2005-August-18 11:38,
 raghavendra.sadaramachandra at wipro.com wrote:
>  I have bind-9.2.5 installed on Linux box. I don't know how to
> configure and run it, so as to get the working DNS server.
>
> Thanx in advance.

Is there a request in that?

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html explains a little bit about
how/why things work.

With any GNU/Linux distribution I have seen, BIND should just work,
out-of-the-box, with no special configuration needed. You might have to
do something to activate it and to point your resolver clients at it.
Those are very basic OS questions. Become more familiar with your OS.

Has your company considered hiring qualified consultants? ISC.org, our
list (newsgroup) host and the company which produces BIND, is one
provider of such services.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header