IPv6 issues

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:15:48 UTC 2005

Sorry I completely forgot to post the sites. I was a little rushed when I
wrote this, I apologize. The main sites in question are http://tbo.com,
please note not www.tbo.com <http://www.tbo.com>, temporarily we out routing
this site's www traffic to outside hosting facility. Another site is
http://www.timesdispatch.com or http://timesdispatch.com
I am running BIND 9.3.0
I have checked our IPv6 status using sites like
http://www.cnri.dit.ie/cgi-bin/check_aaaa.pl and everything appears to check
out okay.

Bad idea. People should be encouraged to use IPv6, not discouraged.

I have asked the users to do this as a method of tracking down the issue.
While I would encourage people to use IPv6 but isn't encouraging North
American home users to use IPv6 is kind of pointless at the moment since
there are not too many IPv6 ISP/brokers available to us. Most home users on
cable or DSL don't really have this option. I think Earthlink dialup can
give users IPv6 though.

> Should I turn on the listen on v6 even if I am not using IPv6?
>
> If you do not have IPv6 connection, it would be useless.

Would having it on confuse IPv6 users even without me not having a
connection?

Thanks again,
Nick