Secondary DNS is not updated quickly from Primary

Sten Carlsen ccc2716 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Dec 4 17:18:30 UTC 2005

I  was just wondering: how do you use the RNDC-key for zonetransfers?
The only thing this key is meant for is securing the communication
between the rndc-program and a BIND-server. Zone-transfers do not
normally use a key at all; if they do it is the TSIG-key. At least to my
knowledge.

Borhade Ganesh (vMoksha) wrote:

>Dear All,
>1. Zone transfer problem :  still problem
>
>   a. Secondary DNS is configured in Primary DNS named.conf & zone file with
>PTR record
>   b. I have tried with notify yes option but notification send by Primary
>DNS but zone doesn't transfer without
>      rndc reload <zone name>
>   c. Primary is able to resolve Secondary A & PTR records
>   d. SOA MNAME match
>
>2. patch update:  OK now
>   OK, I have install BIND 9.2.3 on Solaris thus not to worry
>
>3. TSIG ? Still pending but OK till now
>   OK, my rndc key is working for zone transfer between Primary & Secondary,
>but i will think TSIG afterward.
>

>    Mark, Thanks for valuable update.
>
>Regards
>Ganesh
>91-9880537357

Best regards

Sten Carlsen

Let HIM who has an empty INBOX send the first mail.