queries

Eric Benoit ebenoit at hopevale.com
Tue Dec 13 17:47:45 UTC 2005

sorry about that, I am new :)

I am using a debian 3.1 sarge ppc build running BIND 9.3.1. as my DNS
server.

All the clients on my class C network have it's IP
address(192.168.1.16(sting)) listed as the first DNS server. The client
computers are a mixture of win98, winXP and linux.  Some of the client
computers are able to get to Internal servers some are not. The client
computers that cannot get to our Internal servers via its hostname act
strangly, when I use nslookup (a microsoft tool) to lookup "secure" the
DNS appears to be working just fine.

example:

client computer A can get to http://secure through a browser
but
client computer B goes to http://f-secure.com instead of http://secure
like it is supposed to using a browser

"secure" is the name of a server listed on my DNS server as a master zone

Here is the entry for "secure":

$ttl 38400
secure.	IN	SOA	secure. eric.hopevale.com. (
			1115035962
			10800
			3600
			604800