named answering slowly for not cached domain

Wed Dec 14 20:00:35 UTC 2005

Hi!
We use bind 9.3.1 on solaris 8.
We noticed that when we request our DNS for a domain that is cached we receive a rapid answer (less than 100 ms). Great!
The problem is when we we request our DNS for a domain that is not cached, that take about 4000 ms. Of course if we ask again this request that will take less than 100ms.
This 4000ms for a request that is not cached seems realy slow and some other DNS in the internet seem to answer faster than that for a request of domain not cached.
Is-it normal to be that slow for a not cached request?
Could we do something to solve it?
Is it related to our DNS version (9.3.1)?
Thanks a lot for your help!