Compiling Bind 9.3.1 on OS/2

Paul Smedley paulat at smedleydot.info
Fri Dec 16 09:12:38 UTC 2005

Hi Stefan!

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:54:06 UTC, Stefan Puiu <stefan.puiu at gmail.com>
wrote:
> nslookup tries to lookup the hostname for 192.168.0.2, and that fails,
> causing nslookup to also fail. Try using dig (if you search the archive,
> it's the recommended tool).
Dig gives a similar error.

> And 49160 is the port number, no need to worry about it :). Really,
> stripping it off in the code wouldn't be advisable.
Yeah I've now worked this out for myself :) It was my first guess when
I saw the conenction error :)

> I can't help you with the error in the log though, but it seems that BIND
> received nslookup's PTR query and fails to resolve it. I won't go into
> further speculation, since I don't know the code in order to explain what
> the sendto error means ("invalid file").
Well in the snippet of log there is a reference to socket.c line 1118.
 This is a sendmsg() call which is failing with invalid parameter for
some reason :(

> Have you tried searching the archives? There are some entries showing up,
> not sure if they're related to your case:
Will take a look - I did try googling without much success but I've
investigated the code a bit more now :)

> Another message mentions an older version of BIND (are you sure you're
> running 9.3.1 btw?):
Yes - well actually I updated to 9.3.2rc1 since - but same problem
with sendmsg()

--
Cheers,

Paul.