Compiling Bind 9.3.1 on OS/2

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 11:08:59 UTC 2005

Hi,
just checked the BIND README, it doesn't report successful
compilation/running on OS/2. So, at least taking that file at face value, it
seems BIND isn't supported on your platform. As I said, this is from reading
the README, but also judging from the number of replies you've got.

If you have documentation for the OS/2 C API, try seeing how sendmsg() can
fail. But you might be better off asking people that have done OS/2
programming.

A quick google got me these (of course, I'm getting off topic):

This mentions that only old versions of BIND were ported to OS/2 (BIND 8):
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/servers/misc.html

This has some older BIND versions:
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=/pub/os2/util/network/tcpip

This also has some OS/2 DNS software: