Req: Total beginners help - Win Q.

Techie nomail at here.not.easynews.com
Tue Dec 20 05:47:38 UTC 2005

Ok.. disregard what I said about the end of input statement.

I found this on the ISC FAQ pages...

    	Q:  I get error messages like "named.conf:99: unexpected end of
input" where 99 is the last line of named.conf.

    	A: Some text editors (notepad and wordpad) fail to put a line title
indication (e.g. CR/LF) on the last line of a text file. This can be fixed
by "adding" a blank line to the end of the file. Named expects to see EOF
immediately after EOL and treats text files where this is not met as
truncated.

That solved the issue.

However, as you said from the beginning.
1069 is still occuring in the start of service when I run it from the
Service start. It does however start fine when I run named.exe -g.

Very odd indeed. Any hints are welcome and the files are posted in my reply
to Danny as I said.

Thanks in advance
Techie