Interesting log entries

Tony Toews ttoews at telusplanet.net
Wed Dec 21 01:11:35 UTC 2005

Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:

>> Yes, I'm saying it could be that kind of attack.  The nonexistent
>> entries you were seeing are the same as the ones that were in that
>> thread, which hardly seems like a coincidence.
>
>	And the correct way to deal with this is to report this
>	to your upstreams so they can chase this back to the
>	networks which are not implementing BCP 38.
>
>	BCP 38
>	Network Ingress Filtering: Defeating Denial of Service
>	Attacks which employ IP Source Address Spoofing.

Gotcha.  Thanks to you and Barry.   Upstream ISP will be contacted tomorrow.

They initially brought the recursion hole that I'd left in place to our attention
last week which started my flurry of inquiries to this newsgroup.   <smile>

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.