cTLD and DNS upgrade

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 4 15:13:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 01:24:07PM +0200,
 Peter Dambier <peter at peter-dambier.de> wrote
 a message of 82 lines which said:

> To bad most nameservers dont accept AXFR queries any longer.

There are very good practical reasons to do so. But the root zone file
is widely available with AXFR or FTP (if you want the signature).

> They do clone our root-servers.

They could clone the regular root name servers as well.

> We are able to deal with colliding domains.

How? By always choosing the one in Public-root, I assume.

An URL is welcome. I've found nothin in www.public-root.com.