[HELP] How do I do this?

Charles Cala charles_cala at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 19:37:01 UTC 2005

--- Vorta <vo at eudoramail.com> wrote:
>   I want to set up so that when someone does a
>    lookup on as.eaglepbx.com, it will ALWAYS resolve to
>    as1 then as2. Not in Random order.

You can use bind in conjunction with something else,
to get the effect your looking for, but not BIND alone.
Google for GSLB (hint it is not "Great Salt Lake Basin").

You want to tell other peoples name servers how to behave?
What about those that are not running bind?

If its a smpt server, you can use mx records,
if its your own app then you can use srv records.

If you want a records spit out in order,
and have people go the first then the other,
your at the mercy of how other people want to do things.

-charles

Trebek: And the answer is... The word for this garden implement
also means a person of uncertain moral character.
Ken Jennings: What is a ho?
Trebek: (spluttering with involuntary laughter) Rake. Rake