Host Header Site

doon k doonbox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:52:06 UTC 2005

The only way I can think of is to create a zone for the com. domain.=20
In the com domain create the following alias record:

domain1           IN   CNAME    www.domain2.com.
www.domain1   IN   CNAME   www.domain2.com.

Couple of problems with this:

1- if you plan to use this server for recursive queries, everything in
the com TLD will fail
2- all records you create for domain1.com will be in the com zone,
which may make it a tedious process to add records

This should work theoretically but is not recommended.  I don't think
there is any other way to do that as it is against DNS best practice.

On 7/6/05, Chris Hammer <no at email.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I would like to point a domain to a site that is using host headers.  I d=
> not host the site.  I wish it was as simple as using an A record, but I
> cannot get to the site via IP Address.  Furthermore, I believe using a CN=
AME