DNS cluster

Genco YILMAZ gyilmaz at genco.gen.tc
Thu Jul 7 13:25:09 UTC 2005

Hi Stelios,
I had written a BIND-GUI in php and backend perl to manage zone files.
In fact, this software changes the way master and slave concept a little
bit. All zone files are kept in a MySQL database. When you add a new
zone into the master dns server through GUI, all other client dns
servers fetch new zone files or any changed data with the client
software written in perl.  Perl clients make a tcp connection to the
database server through an encrypted tunnel connection and write the new
data into the normal text files.  When you write a cron entry on the
master and client dns servers all data is spread into client dns
servers. This allowed me to play with zone files because in this
structure every client is a master server functionally. GUI allows any
change on the zone records kept in database.
    In fact I have implemented this structure for me but If anybody
needs this, after a little documentation it can be ready for any own system.
Kind Regards.

--
Genco YILMAZ