DNS cluster

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jul 7 14:05:52 UTC 2005

At 2:05 PM +0100 2005-07-07, Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:

>  Using rsync is not the problem and I can copy the zones easily and then
>  reload the dns; the problem comes that I need to edit each time the
>  named.conf on the 2nd server manually. This is impossible as we are talking
>  for many entries in DNS every week.

	If you can do rsync, then just set them both up as masters, and
rsync over the named.conf and the associated data files.  No need to
have one set up as a master and the other as a secondary.

	This technique also has the advantage that if there is an
extended outage, both systems will continue operating completely
normally, and there is no risk of the secondary deciding that the
data it pulled is too old to continue being served.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755