Help, BIND9 initialization error on Windows 2000!

Shi Jingnian shijn at tjpc.org
Fri Jul 8 02:25:59 UTC 2005

joe wrote:
>Can you post your options settings from the named.conf. When
>have installed BIND 9 in the past on either win2k or win2k03
>servers it was the path in the named.conf that was messing
>up the star up for named.
>Also post here what you get when you run named -g...

i don't think the settings of named.conf is a problem, becuase
named.exe had no chance to read named.conf before failed in my
case. in fact i made a test moving named.conf away on my running
machine, starting BIND would led to "named.conf not found" and
path of the options in named.conf is a problem, i posted the
results of "named -g" the other day, no problem found, running
OK, which proved no errors in my named.conf. And again, i have
another machine running BIND 9, the options and zones settings
are all the same in named.conf.

-----------------
Danny Mayer wrote:
>The installer appears to be installing DLL's in system32.
>It really should install it in named\bin (in your case).
>Try copying the lib*.dll files into that directory and restart.

Sorry i missed to say most DLLs are in system32. i just tested
copying all DLLs into both c:\named\bin and c:\winnt\system32
(some overwritten), still no use. Also i examined my running
machine, only libeay32.dll in c:\named\bin, others in system32,
but it runs all right. i guess the interface of named.exe and
my system (service manager) has something wrong before calling
DLL files.

Shi.