Help, BIND9 initialization error on Windows 2000!

Shi Jingnian shijn at tjpc.org
Fri Jul 8 05:12:49 UTC 2005

Gregory Hicks wrote:
>Then, if you DO NOT have these "not found" events, one of
>two things is happening:
>1.  The named.conf you think is in the right place is not
>    the one that BIND is actually reading
>or
>2.  The log file you are looking at is not the one to which
>    BIND is logging.

impossible. i searched and found no other named.conf files
in the machine except my backup. even now i deleted the
backup, the service still cannot be started. if you've read
the messages from the very beginning of the thread, you would
have known the error happened before reading named.conf, of
course no logs created, named.exe had even no chance to write
events before failed.
"named -g" from DOS box runs well, so i guess my service
manager has something wrong to initial and invoke named.exe.

Shi.