Help, BIND9 initialization error on Windows 2000!

Shi Jingnian shijn at tjpc.org
Wed Jul 13 01:37:33 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:

>Try grabbing the BIND 8 BINDInstall and run its Uninstall
>code. If that doesn't fix it something else is wrong.

i'm sorry my BIND 8 was completely deleted from my system.
but it should be the BIND 8 BINDInstall the first time i
uninstalled BIND.

>Did you set up the password on the named account correctly?
>It could be having a password mismatch between the account
>and the entry in the Service. try changing both in both
>places and try to restart.

i had thought so and almost before every test i re-inputed
the password at both places. it didn't help.

i'm sorry i have to stop the test because this machine is to
be configured to run Linux now. i think mine is a very rare
and specific case so it needn't be put too much any more, as
i knew, we had done everything as far as we could. Thank you,
and thanks to everyone who contributed to the problem.

Shi.