Meaning of FORMERR resolving 'ezyfinancial.com/NS/IN

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jul 19 01:27:33 UTC 2005

> Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> >=20
> >> I've found the meaning in FORMERR in the RFC however, I've failed to f=
> ind
> >> the meanings of /NS /IN /TXT.
> >=20
> > The '/' is a seperator.
> >=20
> > NS and TXT are types.
> > IN is a class.
> >=20
> > default to class 'IN'.  Many also default to type 'A'.
> >=20
> > --
> > Mark Andrews, ISC
> > 1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
> > PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org
>
> Thanks Mark, is this described somewhere in an RFC or FAQ?  I'd rather re=
> ad
> about it instead of continuously asking 'what does this mean'. =20

	BIND 9 includes all the relevent RFC's (doc/rfc).  There are
	quite a few of them.  Most of the log messages assume that
	you have a basic understanding of the DNS.

	If you don't want to read though the RFC's 'DNS and BIND',
	reportedly, has a good introductory chapter.  I've never
	read it because by the time it came out I was well past
	needing it.  I'd gone from being a user to a developer.

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC