Authoritative server recursing?

Daniele Orlandi daniele at orlandi.com
Wed Jun 1 19:05:20 UTC 2005

Ronan Flood wrote:

> You've missed the terminating '.' off the NS records in the
> 16.10.212.62.in-addr.arpa zone file:

Ok, I should have put a big warning notice to avoid the temptation to see
the unqualified names as the problem :)

That was not the problem, I knew those records were wrong, I was just
wondering to know why my master was responding with them.

I did some further test and I figured out that the problem was in that the
master cached a response from the referenced name server which has the
wrong records.

So, doing recursive queries returned NS records from the cache, while
non-recursive queries returned the NS record from the database.

Bye,

--
Daniele Orlandi