Any GUI tool to configure BIND Servers

Peter Albrecht peter.albrecht at novell.com
Thu Jun 2 07:00:35 UTC 2005

Hi Bob,

> Do any of these GUI tools, Webmin, YAST  support dynamic updates
> on BIND DNS servers ?

Using YaST, you can configure dynamic updates quite easily. This uses a key to
protect every transaction. You then have to configure the updating software
(e.g. nsupdate, DHCP server) to use this key.

I guess you're looking for dynamic updates comparable to using nsupdate? Well,
you can of course add/delete/modify all the entries using YaST. But I
wouldn't call that "dynamic updates". ;-)

Regards,

Peter

Peter Albrecht, Novell, peter.albrecht at novell.com