Gernerating more useful statistics from BIND 9

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Jun 9 13:21:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 08:46 -0400, James A Griffin wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> >On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 15:10 +0900, John Khoon wrote:
> >
> >>SGVsbG8uDQpBcyB5b3Uga25vdywgc3RhdGlzdGljcyBmcm9tIEJJTkQgOCBhcmUgbW9yZSBkZXRh
> >>aWxlZCB0aGFuIEJJTkQgOS4NCkkgbmVlZCBtb3JlIGRldGFpbGVkIHN0YXRpc3RpY3MgZnJvbSBC
> >>SU5EOS4NCkNvdWxkIHlvdSB0ZWxsIG1lIGhvdyB0byBnZXQgbW9yZSB1c2VmdWwgc3RhdGlzdGlj
> >>cyBmcm9tIEJJTkQgOSBhbmQgcHJvZ3JhbSBzb3VyY2U/DQpJZiBJIHdhbnQgdG8gcHJvZHVjZSB0
> >>aGUgcHJvZ3JhbSBhYm91dCB0aGF0LCBob3cgY2FuIEkgbWFrZSBpdD8NCg0KLS0NCkpvaG4gS2hv
> >>b24gPG1lbGRpbkBuYXZlci5jb20+
> >>

> >What is this? A real question or something else? If it is supposed to be
> >a real question, please ask in english as this is the language of the
> >list.
> >
> It is base64 encoded text.  Here is the decoded message.
>
> Hello.
> As you know, statistics from BIND 8 are more detailed than BIND 9.
> I need more detailed statistics from BIND9.
> Could you tell me how to get more useful statistics from BIND 9 and
> program source?
> If I want to produce the program about that, how can I make it?
>
> --
> John Khoon <meldin at naver.com>

Good to know that it's a real message. In that case John should do some
research in the sources and via one of the search engines for existing
come to mind.

As to the encoding, I found his many messages in my junk repository as
UCE hence the question. John, I suggest that you not encode your
messages to the mailing list/newsgroup.
--
G. Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
PATH tech