forward lookup zone problem

michael michael at nospam.com
Thu Jun 9 09:21:42 UTC 2005

I am having problems resolving short host names from windows xp clients.
  It works from the server (freebsd 5.4/bind 9.3.1).
I get *** ns1.home.box can't find x10: Non-existent domain from the
workstations.  Can anyone see any problems with my db.home.box file
(Below).  This is my first attempt at learning bind and have been on
google for a couple of hours now.  I appreciate any pointers.  Thanks

michael

$TTL    3600

@       IN      SOA     ns1.home.box. root.home.box.  (
                                20050608        ; Serial