My Windows NS cannot resolv...

Schroeder, AJ aj1 at qg.com
Thu Jun 9 13:33:34 UTC 2005

<CihanS at garanti.com.tr> wrote in message news:d895jt$ig5$1 at sf1.isc.org...

> MY windows server running 9.2.3 cannot resolv some of the .com domain
> names...e.g. www.fifa.com
>
> But on the other hand same version on the Solaris can resolv...Is that
> related to root named servers? Can anybody help me with it? Thanks
>
> Cheers

Yes, most certainly does relate to that... I'm not sure of the file
locations on Windows off-hand, but double-check the existence of
'named.root' and also that it is populated with the correct information.

If this file does not exist or has bogus data in it, you can ftp download
the /domain/named.root from ftp.rs.internic.net and then rename it to your
needs.

HTH,

AJ Schroeder