Poor Performance bind 9.3

Layer3guru esavage at digitalrage.org
Wed Jun 15 00:27:37 UTC 2005

It is working properly now. I got a tip that I should use "deny
client-updates" in my dhcpd.conf and enable the xp machin with the register
ip address check block checked again. This worked, though I have read the
man page I am not sure why.

deny client-updates;
The client-updates flag tells the DHCP server whether or not to honor the
client's intention to do its own update of its A record. This is only
relevant when doing interim DNS updates. See the documentation under the
heading THE INTERIM DNS UPDATE SCHEME for details.

Does this now work because  the client is being denied in trying to update
dns itself and the dhcp updater knows this so it updates it?

news:d8nqgl$77i$1 at sf1.isc.org...