Removing in.named before installing BIND on solaris X.X

enesz at bih.net.ba enesz at bih.net.ba
Wed Jun 15 14:02:52 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,

Since Solaris 9 (like other versions befor it) comes with in.named
deamon, do I need to remove it before install BIND, for example 9.3.1?

I found SUNWinamd package. Do I need to remove it?

If in.named stays on Solaris machine, will it affect NAMED (BIND) and
make some problems?

Ofcourse, in any case i do not intend to start in.named process. I will
stop it through /etc/rc.XXX or though /etc/init.d/inetsvc.

Also, how can i remove nslookup and dig that comes with Solaris 9?

Thanks all