no servers could be reached

Ian db5 at hermes.net.au
Fri Jun 17 16:52:31 UTC 2005

Gregory, thank you, but no luck.  I added the line to localhost.zone, but
dig still doesn't work.

Regards
Ian Dudley-Bestow
(rapidly becomming a Bind skeptic)

*******start*******
Ian at house:/etc$ dig garage

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2-P3 <<>> garage
;; global options:  printcmd
*******end*******

*******start*******
Ian at house:/etc$ cat /var/named/caching-example/localhost.zone
;
; Zone file for linux.bogus
;
; The full zone file
;
$TTL 3D
@       IN      SOA     localhost. hostmaster.localhost. (
                        2005061401       ; serial, todays date + todays
serial #
                        8H              ; refresh, seconds
                        2H              ; retry, seconds
                        4W              ; expire, seconds
                        1D )            ; minimum, seconds
;
                NS      127.0.0.1              ; Inet Address of name server
ns      IN      A       127.0.0.1
localhost       A       127.0.0.1
garage          A       192.168.1.9
shed            A       192.168.1.10