reverse delegation

Jim Pazarena bind at ccstores.com
Wed Jun 22 05:03:14 UTC 2005

I have a class-C provided by my telco of which I control the DNS,
and forward and reverse resolution works fine from the outside
world.
   see -> auth.qcislands.net   which maps to 209.53.238.2

A new class-C recently acquired however doesn't seem to resolve
the IP number from the outside world.

   see -> 2-58-114-64.qcislands.net  which maps to 64.114.58.2

the outside world can't resolve  64.114.58.2

I copied my DNS setup from one to the other, and it "looks"
correct. Is there any way to determine if my Telco has not
completed their side of the DNS which would permit reverse
mapping?

TIA
Jim