Need iformation about the internals of a cache server
Venkata Chalapathi N
chalapat at india.hp.com
Fri Jun 24 12:54:25 UTC 2005
I would like to know the internals of a cache server. Please refer to any
document where I can find how exactly the cache server works.
I would like to know the following details:
1) How the cache server gets the required data from the root server when the
client asks the cache server in norecurse and recurse mode?
2) Does the root server provides the data by getting the required
information to the cache server or it will send the information to the
cache server from where the cache server can get the required data?
3) If you take a dump in the cache server, how it will print the information
in the log files?
4) How the cache server stores the cached data?
5) How the cache server resolves the client's queries when
i) cache has no information about the requested query
ii) cache has the information about the requested query
iii) cache has the staled information about the requested query
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks & Regards
Venkata Chalapathi N.
More information about the bind-users