Changing authoritative nameserver IPs

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sat Jun 25 10:45:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 11:19:16PM -0400,
 Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote
 a message of 29 lines which said:

> So instead of just showing off your superior knowledge of DNS
> details,

It is not really a DNS detail (and has nothing to do with BIND, BTW),
it is an organisational issue, pertaining to the "thin registry"
concept.

> how about answering the gist of his question: if different
> registrars have conflicting nameserver IP entries, how is it ensured
> that the glue records will be correct?

I already did ("you must synchronize the IP address on every registrar
that has it"). Instead of just criticizing, how about reading the