source address ignored in 9.3.1?

Gilles Massen gm at dns.lu
Wed May 4 13:49:02 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

There seems to be an issue with the query-source and/or transfer source=20
options in Bind 9.3.1: while I have an address defined for query, transfer,=
=20
listen and notify, the nameserver still tries to use it primary IP address=
=20
for some queries. These queries are SOA queries for domains where it acts a=
s=20
slave, followed by (failed) attempts to open TCP connections from that same=
=20
IP address. So no slave zone is transferred. For resolving the address=20
158.64.1.25 is used correctly.=20

=46rom the options in named.conf:

        listen-on { 127.0.0.1; 158.64.1.25; };
        query-source address 158.64.1.25;
        transfer-source 158.64.1.25;
        notify-source 158.64.1.25;
        listen-on-v6 { none; };

The same config used to work in 9.2.x, so did I miss a change, or a bug?

Best regards,
Gilles

=2D-
RESTENA - DNS-LU