(no subject) [W2k Master and BIND Slave AXFR Problem]

joe joe at telepacific.net
Thu May 5 19:13:50 UTC 2005

On the w2k2003 master dns server,  add the ip addresses of the slaves in
the transfer and notify.

On the bind server also have ip addy of the w2k2003 server as the master
for the zone transfer to the bind server. now make a zone change on the
w2k2003 server and it should notify the bind server right away. I left
all ip's (as the default) and ran into some problems myself  with no
zone transfers happening for periods of time. so now i specifically tell
the windows dns servers what ip's are the slaves no matter if they are
other windows dns servers or not (just a little bit better dns security
too).

Hope this helps
Joe