BIND 8.2.7 master ixfr to 9.2.2 slave

Mike Mitchell Mike.Mitchell at sas.com
Thu May 5 21:50:08 UTC 2005

I'd love to upgrade to BIND-9, but BIND-9 doesn't support
	rrset-order {
		class IN type A name "sas.com" order fixed;
	};

According to Cricket Liu, IXFR has been supported in BIND 8
since 8.2.2.  See=20
	http://www.fruug.org/Archive/2000-05/bind_822.pdf
if you don't believe me.  If IXFR is so broken in BIND 8,
why is the code still present in 8.4.6?  Why isn't it
at least ifdef'd out so it's not an option?

Why is the answer "don't do that" instead of "hmm.. Lets
see if we can fix the bug"?

Mike Mitchell