faking replies for specific clients

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sun May 8 13:00:18 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I'd like fake a hostname to clients coming from the intranet,
so they get the internal IP instead of the external one.
This is mainly for mobile PCs, sometimes sitting in-house and
sometimes coming from the outside.

The system to fake is connected to the world via DSL with dynamic
IP address. I'm using dynamic DNS to announce the IP to the world.
This dynamic hostname is used by the mobile PCs for a lot of
applications. When they're sitting in-house and the external IP
changes, all connections are broken. I'd like to prevent this.

How can I do this ?

thx.
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de