ADI DNS 4010 -> how to?

robert0 robert__p at centrum.sk
Fri May 6 17:56:59 UTC 2005

Hi @,

i`m really sorry for trouble you with this again, but please is there
somebody who will helps me sort out what is going? Time ago I found
event id 4010 in DNS events:

The DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active
Directory. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. The
extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "000020E6:
SvcErr: DSID-031403E2, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR)data 0 -> bytes: 0000:
7B 00 00 00

Is there any way how to understood what`s happen there? I`m interesting
in this:

000020E6: SvcErr: DSID-031403E2, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR)data 0 ->
bytes: 0000: 7B 00 00 00

i already figure out that 000020E6 is win code error ->
http://www.megos.ch/support/doserrors_e.txt>
also if i understood it than SvcErr: DSID-031403E2 is pointing to some
error with this DSID (DSID is used to define the unique record
identifier within the database), but i have problems to understand what
is meaned by "problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR) data 0".

So this kind of error seem for me as nested.
20E6= The child object could not be retrieved
7B = INVALID_NAME: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax
is incorrect

How could I use this information to figure out what`s wrong? ..I`ll
really appreciate if somebody help me out from this ...

thanks for your replies
r.