Excessive delays when external record not in local cache

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Wed May 11 16:25:00 UTC 2005

I am having an issue where a server that does not have a cache entry for
an external record. Their seems to be a few second delay between the
time it gets an AUTH response till the time it responds to the client. I
added forwarders for the server as a work around.

With all logging enabled I do have lots of mis configured windows
clients trying to push updates but can't find anything else.

This is with Bind version 9.2.

I don't think the bogus updates are the cause as this is nothing new.

Any ideas on how to debug this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ted