returns 0 answers (may be a referral)

nfhm2k at gmail.com nfhm2k at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:13:59 UTC 2005

When I visit:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=phurix.com

It says:

WARN	All nameservers report identical NS records	WARNING: At least one
of your nameservers did not return your NS records (it reported 0
answers). This could be because of a referral, if you have a lame
nameserver (which would need to be fixed).

84.12.42.226 returns 0 answers (may be a referral)

Why might this be?

I run my own name servers, ns1. is in the US running redhat this also
hosts the sites, ns2. is in the UK and is a new setup running freebsd.

I think my firewall or my ISP might be blocking the DNS/name server
ports.

What ports do I need open, and what other problems could be making this
happen.

Please help, thanks.