Bind 9.2.1-16 , caching-nameserver 7.2-7 and RedHat 9 conf help

Chandu.Venigalla chanduvkp at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:41:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
 I am new to Linux world. Recently i purchased a domainname
www.kedarsoft.com <http://www.kedarsoft.com> from
mydomain.com<http://mydomain.com>.
And i puchased a Linux server having redhat 9 installed in it. And i
installed Bind 9.2.1-16 , caching-nameserver 7.2-7 in it.
Now i want to run my domain ( kedarsoft.com <http://kedarsoft.com> ) from my
own server. I followed these steps to configure Bind server :
http://www.xenocafe.com/tutorials/dns_linux/redhat/dns_linux_redhat-part1.php
 But i could not make it . Its not working. As defined in the abouve url, i
defined my nameservers as " ns1.kedarsoft.com <http://ns1.kedarsoft.com>"
.but when i started updating nameservers in mydomain site , it saying
unrecognized nameserver.
 I have SBC DSL in my home and i have 2wire router ( firewall ) .And i
opened a ip ( public ip ) in router.
 Please help me in setting up DNS server.
--
Thanks,
Chandu