not name domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed May 18 00:14:38 UTC 2005

Jim Pazarena wrote:

>my dns cannot resolve dot name
>
>what do I need to do to "activate" dot name resolution?

There is no "activation" required. What you really need to do is
diagnose and correct whatever it is that causing your nameserver(s) to
be unable to resolve those names. We could probably help if you provide
a little more information beyond just "cannot resolve", e.g. how are you
configured to resolve, what diagnostic steps have you already taken, etc.?