Any dns trace analysis tools?

Sebastian Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Mon May 23 05:40:45 UTC 2005

Han Dianfei wrote:
> Sebastian Castro Avila wrote:
>

>>I don't know any, but using some perl and some useful modules
>>(Net::Pcap, NetPacket::Ethernet, NetPacket::IP, NetPacket::UDP,
>>Net::DNS::*) I've wrote a program to analyze the traffic of my servers.
>>Having that, you could make any specific check you'd like.
>>

> Thanks Avial.  Now i know using perl modules is a good option.

My name is Sebastian. "Castro Avila" is my surname (in latin american
countries, we use our parents surname, first father surname, secondar
mother surname)

> But I still have a question. How fast can the perl script process the
> traffic? Can it work online?

I haven't tried that yet. I was thinking of make changes to the script
to test it (once I've modified a "dnstop" version for online monitoring
and I will try to move those funcionalities to Perl).

I will let you know any progress.