/26 Zone File

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 26 00:07:05 UTC 2005

In article <d732s6$1s48$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Jason Williard" <jwilliard at pcsafe.com> wrote:

> I am getting a /26 and would like to have DNS control over it, if that is
> possible.  Assuming that it is, how would I set that up?

See RFC 2317, or the section of DNS & BIND book about classless
in-addr.arpa domains.

> Currently, I have the following in my named.conf file.  Is this correct?

Probably not.  Your ISP should tell you the name of the subdomain that
they're delegating.  If they own 1.2.3/24, and they've assigned
1.2.3.64/26 to you, it may be something like 64/26.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa or
64-26.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA